Tuesday, February 1, 2011

20 questions

My friend sent me this link to a CNN article the other day, and I thought it was pretty cool, so I'm passing it along to you all. It's "20 Questions That Could Change Your Life," although it seems more accurate to say that they are 20 questions to help you live a more fulfilling life. I think it's mostly targeting women, but I don't know why it wouldn't also apply to men. For your convenience, I've copied the questions here (with some minor changes to some of the questions):

1. What questions should I be asking myself?
2. Is this what I want to be doing?
3. Why worry?
4. Why do I like ___ more than ___?
5. How do I want the world to be different because I lived in it?
6. How do I want to be different because I lived in this world?
7. Are ___ better people?*
8. What is my body telling me?
9. What junk can I get rid of?**
10. What's so funny?
11. Where am I wrong?
12. What potential experiences am I sacrificing, and is the profit worth the price?
13. Am I the only one struggling not to ___ during ___?
14. What do I love to practice?
15. Where could I work less and achieve more?
16. How can I keep myself absolutely safe?***
17. Where should I break the rules?
18. Say my dream life came true...then what?
19. Are my thoughts hurting or healing?
20. Really, truly: Is this what I want to be doing?

I'm certainly not going to answer each question on this blog, but I do believe they're good questions to ask. In particular, I like the fill-in-the-blank questions. I also think as I read this list that the questions don't need to be asked/answered all at once. Sometimes just one of these questions can take us down a whole new path to living more deliberately.



*people we compare ourselves to
**my favorite question
***trick question

No comments: