Friday, July 29, 2011

Nom nom nom

I'm starting to get the feeling that this is becoming a food blog. I guess when I said I needed to prepare more meals at home, I really meant that I'm not going to think about anything else.

Anyway, I was inspired once again by Poor Girl Eats Well. This lettuce-wrap dish was a blissful union of tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, black beans, and quinoa served over lettuce with a little bit of olive oil. It allowed me to use up some ingredients that were in danger of going bad soon, some stuff that's been sitting politely in the pantry waiting to be consumed, and lettuce purchased earlier today from the farmers market. So fresh and easy and tasty. I think I'll have it again tomorrow.

Because lunch was kind of MIA today, I was still hungry after dinner, so I had a bowl of fresh fruit (again from the farmers market) with some honey and sliced almonds.

Sometimes, life's pretty good.

2 comments:

David said...

I LOVE how food is one of your mediums for creativity.

This looks delicious!!!

Domestic Kate said...

I'm glad you see it that way, David (re: creativity). I made some tuna salad the next day and served it on the lettuce--so fancy!