Saturday, July 2, 2011

Starting with 30 days

Matt Cutts: Try something new for 30 days | Video on TED.com

This video isn't long at all, but if you still don't want to watch the whole thing, it boils down to this: challenge yourself to do something you've been wanting to try for 30 days. It's not so much time as to be terribly painful if you end up really disliking your chosen activity, but it's enough time to make an impact on the way you live. I know it's not a new idea, but it's a welcome reminder.

It's part adventure and part discipline--both concepts that I fully support.

A couple months ago, I did my 30 Day Simple Living Challenge, and it was helpful and insightful. I'd like to try to another 30 day challenge, but I have to give it some thought. What could you do for 30 days?

2 comments:

rockygrace said...

I'd like to try painting for thirty days. (Pictures, not walls. Heh.)

Domestic Kate said...

Ooh! That's a good one!