Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Finally a finished object for February!

The night before my knitting meetup, I finished the seemingly never-ending hat I started as a Christmas gift back in December. I kept making it too big, so I kept having to start over. It was frustrating to say the least.

Here is my honey modeling said hat. It is, after all, his.

At the last stage of the process, sewing in the visor, the yarn needle I had snapped in half. It was the only one I had, which meant an emergency trip to Beverly's at 8:00 on a Saturday night. I know how to live, I tell ya.


I used this pattern as a loose guide, although I used a 3 x 2 ribbing, and for some reason, her hat's visor sticks out a lot more. I might have goofed that part up a little since it's my first time doing a visor, but I think it looks fine the way it is. Unfortunately, even though we both tested the yarn for itchiness before I got started, it's making him itch, so I'm thinking of putting a liner in there somehow. Suggestions?

Now, I have to figure out what my next knitting project will be, although March is quickly approaching (like, tomorrow), which means it's time for another theme to start. Stay tuned!


5 comments:

rockygrace said...

So ... who's the dude? Did I miss something?

Domestic Kate said...

No, you didn't! In November, I posted that I had a new sweetheart in my life. You were actually the only one who commented! :)

rockygrace said...

November?! Holy cow, time flies!

Glad you're still together!

Bearette said...

i didn't see that post either, but i figured something was going on - his name kept cropping up in your FB posts :) glad things are going well.

Domestic Kate said...

I'm sneaky like that. I didn't want to make a big thing out of it.