Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Work in progress


Sunday my knitting group got together for our 3rd meetup. This time was a little crazy. Crazy because the cafe I'd chosen closed at 4 p.m. on Sunday, and our group meets at 3:30. Yep, I'm a terrible organizer apparently. Someone suggested we head to a pizza place down the street, so off we went. It was fun after that.

Also, since we meet every other Sunday, we have a standing meetup scheduled on the website. Unfortunately, two Sundays from this meetup is Easter, and I'm thinking it might difficult to find a local coffee shop that'll be open. I hate to cancel it, but maybe I'll just offer to host it at my place.


In case you're wondering, here's my latest work in progress. It's going to be a hooded scarf. Yes, another scarf. I'm kind of boring like that. But this one has a hood. That makes it fancy.

I bought this yarn a while back when I wanted to make a cardigan sweater, which would have been the most ambitious project I would have done, but I lost interest in that before I even got started. Hence the ambitious part. So, now I have a bunch of this yarn, and I'm not sure how I'll use it all up.

Sadly, I found out the hard way that the yarn had a break in it. As I write, though, I've fixed what needed fixing and I'm on my way :)

It's a kind of basket-weave pattern, which makes it just challenging enough to keep me interested, although it's predictable enough that I'm not glued to my pattern.


2 comments:

Bearette said...

yes, i think having it at your place is a great idea (as long as there are no psychopaths in the group). you could even have cupcakes!

Domestic Kate said...

Thankfully, the cafe is open--and apparently, the person who responds to the info@ email address hasn't figured out that all-caps is not in vogue anymore! Anyway, I'm excited about trying a new place.