Tuesday, December 18, 2012

8 Current Projects

It's finals week, and I'm not feeling very inspired to write my list of 8 things! So, here's a little update disguised as a list:

1. Knitting yoga socks. They're socks with the heel and toe part left open. They keep your feet a little warmer while still giving you grip. And, they're much easier to knit than actual socks. 

2. Knitting a baby blanket for a very good friend who's recently announced she's expecting. 

3. Making laundry detergent. I found this list of 10 recipes, and I chose #4, which is one of the powdered ones. Having to heat stuff up seems too much like real work. I'm planning to track how much it's really costing me compared to regular commercial brands and, of course, how well it works. 

4. Job hunting. Oy. It never ends.

5. Making interesting concoctions with my weekly CSA share. I'm enjoying it, but it is sometimes a struggle to use everything before it goes bad. I've decided I love leeks, and I'm rediscovering potatoes. 

6. Baking stuff. Yes, it's that time of year. I've been trying to put my bread machine to use more often, and I've been baking a lot of cookies.  

7. Hanging Christmas lights. I wasn't planning to do it this year, but I invited my knitting group to my apartment yesterday, and it seemed like a good enough excuse to put them up. Twinkly lights make me happy. 

8. Signing up for classes. I've decided to invest in myself. More on this to come. It's something I should have done a year ago, but it's hard to justify the money spent when I'm already pretty strapped as it is. But, I can't keep doing the same thing over and over again and expect different results, so it's time to broaden the horizon.

What are you up to? 

1 comment:

Laura said...

I stumbled upon the exact same laundry detergent recipe on a different blog this morning. Isn't that what Alanis Morissette would call ironic?