Thursday, January 17, 2013

Getting Away

Yesterday, the boyfriend and I set out for San Francisco. First, we traveled up through the Santa Cruz mountains and north of San Francisco to check out Muir Beach. The drive was nice--much more peaceful than going up 101 the whole way. Then it was over the Golden Gate Bridge (that never gets easier) to get a bit of a scenic drive on Highway 1 (where they film car commercials I'm sure) and then on to the beach.

Since one of my resolutions is to take more photos, I went a little photo happy there. Here are some of my favorites. 






Afterwards, we went back down to San Francisco for some dinner. We ended up at a cute French-Italian cafe before it was time to call it a day and go home. 

It seems like it takes so much energy to get away, to break the routine, but it's worth it. Plus a day trip or weekend getaway doesn't break the bank or create a ton of stress. 

Have you taken any short trips lately? 

2 comments:

Bearette said...

Great photos!

Domestic Kate said...

Thank you! I really like it when the sun shimmers on water, as you can probably tell.