Monday, February 18, 2013

8 Things that Make Me Laugh

Laughing is good, don't you think? I laugh a lot, but there are certain things that make me laugh a bit more than others. In no particular order:

Laugh! by mtsofan, Flickr
1. The phrase, "Cutting the cheese." See also, most things having to do with farts.

2. Creepy-Ass Dolls.

3. Mystery Science Theater 3000, especially their take on Riding with Death. You can see highlights here (7:10-7:23 is my favorite).

4. Goats yelling like humans. Also, cat videos. Pretty much anything having to do with animals doing strange things is funny.

5. Word jokes and puns. I once impressed a high school English teacher when she overheard this exchange:

Girl in class: She wants to be a doctor? I don't think I could do that. You have to be in school for so long.
Me: So, you're saying you can't be a doctor because you don't have the patience?

6. The movie Clue
"He threatened to kill me in public."
"Why would he want to kill you in public?"
"I believe she meant he threatened, in public, to kill her."
(See what I mean about word jokes?)

7. Tina Fey/30 Rock. Technically, I haven't watched 30 Rock in a long time, but I trust it's been excellent in my absence (yes, I know it's over now). See also Community.

8. A greeting card I once had that featured an image of a banana, partially peeled, that looked like it was dancing. It always made me laugh. I finally parted with it and gave it to a good friend for her birthday. If you love something, set it free...

And so much more! What makes you laugh?

1 comment:

Laura said...

We must be related! I love Clue!! "Communism was just a red herring." I could watch it over and over again.

Have you ever seen "Murder by Death"? It's a similar murder-mystery-comedy movie. Truman Capote is in it and it's got quotes like this one: "No pulse, no heartbeat. If condition does not change, this man is dead."

Goats in general make me laugh, but especially when they are yelling like humans, also Amy Poehler and the TV show Keeping Up Appearances.