Thursday, March 28, 2013

I'm Gettin' Hitched!

Yesterday, I had spring break from one of the colleges I work for, which meant that I was free on a Wednesday night and could attend my favorite Zumba class ever.

My boyfriend always goes to this class too, and we were excited that we could go together. But I learned later he was excited for a whole different reason.

The instructor had us do a song together at the front--a fairly common occurrence there--and afterwards, he started talking to the class and I couldn't quite figure out what was happening until...

Oh my God, he has a ring. 

And that's how it happened. We're engaged!


Since it's the day I'd normally post my On the Eights list, here are eight reasons (among many) I love the life we have together:

1. We talk about everything from ancient aliens to politics to Spanish novelas and, of course, what we're having for dinner.  

2. Lots of burping and farting (from both of us).

3. Crazy harem pants. Not only did he think that was okay that I bought a pair, but he also bought a pair for himself. We were wearing them when he proposed actually because we thought it would be fun to wear them to Zumba.

4. Lots of spooning, hugging, and kissing. 

5. No grudges.

6. Salsa dancing.

7. Spanglish. 

8. Looking out for each other, helping each other, and genuinely wanting the other to be happy and content. 

What else can I ask for? I'm so happy to be going on this adventure with him. 

3 comments:

Laura said...

Congratulations!!!

I'm so excited for you. I love your list of eight things. Numbers four and eight are so sweet. And number two, well that's how you know you're comfortable with each other. :) Yay! Congratulations again!

rockygrace said...

Congrats!

Domestic Kate said...

Thanks, ladies! There's so much more to this story, but I wanted to keep it brief for now.