Thursday, August 29, 2013

8 Good Things

Oh em gee. I blew right past this post yesterday! It's the first week of classes at my college, and I'm trying to plan a wedding. You get it, I'm sure. That's also the reason for no photos (again). 

1. A really great ESL class this semester. I can feel it! It's just a much better vibe than the section I taught in the spring, which was kind of a disaster. 

2. Being able to take Zumba from my favorite instructor again, even if it's only once or twice a week. My schedule is not quite so wonky this semester.

3. Walking to work. It's nice to get my thoughts together. I usually get to campus early anyway, but thinking while moving is a good experience. The walk home is a different story unfortunately. 

4. Naps. Need I say more?

5. Running into former students. I love it when I walk across campus and get to say hello to several people along the way. It makes me feel important :) Although I'm a big proponent of year-round schooling, it makes me a little sad to think that there would be no more back-to-school feelings in the fall like this.

6. Compliments! Multiple people have told me I look thinner (again, I don't think it's weight but my posture, but I'm happy either way), and everyone likes my shoes these days. 

7. A baby! Not mine. She's my niece (or technically, my fiance's niece), and she was born last week. I'm not sure I've ever seen a baby just 12 hours old before. She has tons of hair. 

8. Getting a new credit card with a lower interest rate. Although I'm trying not to rely on the credit card at all, I realized that I've been paying a really high interest rate. That's just silly when there are so many other options available. I finally got that worked out. I think there's a post in my future regarding credit cards...

What's new with you guys?

No comments: