Tuesday, November 19, 2013

8 Good Things

Since taking my hiatus, I'm not quite back in the blogging rhythm, as evidenced by my late posting and lack of photos! Still, there are many good things in my life.

1. A really great car coat from Eddie Bauer. It was a splurge, but I'm tired of bunchy, low-quality coats, and this fits the bill. It's been getting pretty chilly at night here lately, and with night being so long, I need a good coat.

2. A nice meetup with my knitting group. We've had a hard time finding good locations to meet lately, so I suggested the community room at my apartment complex, and it turned out to be cozy and great for our needs. 

3. This video of Madison Kimrey, a 12-year-old with more gumption than you can shake a stick at. 

4. Running again ... sort of. I went for a run recently. It wasn't too terrible. My feet are still in bad shape, but they're coming around. 

5. Continuing to make progress in yoga. I just love moments when I realize that a pose used to be harder. I also feel much stronger in everything I do. I've been taking this class for a little less than a year. The progress has been slow but worth it. 

6. Nearing the end of the semester. Just four more weeks to go. This semester has been fun but exhausting. I'm ready for a break. 

7. Travel plans for January! Speaking of a break, the husband and I are planning to visit Colorado this January. I haven't been out of California in a long time, and for me that's pretty weird. Plus, can you say honeymoon? It'll be so nice to get a way for a while.

8. A new, well-fitting sports bra. TMI and another splurge, I know, but it makes such a big difference! 

5 comments:

Bearette said...

I love the car coat.

mom said...

"Husband" sounds nice. Hope to see you guys in Co.

Domestic Kate said...

Bearette, it's on sale now :) It was on sale when I bought it, but now it's even cheaper!

Mom, we'll probably be there for more than a week so we can fully check things out.

Laura said...

I love video of Madison Kimrey! Also, hooray for travel plans, that lovely coat, running, and well-fitting sports bras!

Bearette said...

They are sold out in medium. Grr...