Thursday, November 28, 2013

8 Good Things

Thanksgiving happened to fall on my Good Things day :)

1. Celebrating our 1-month anniversary yesterday (we went to Zumba and then ate Vietnamese food--the story of our relationship).

2. Really positive feedback from students this semester. The thing is, when they tell me what a great influence I've been on their lives, I don't pat myself on the back. I do what I can to be a good teacher, but it's the students who ultimately have to decide if they want to make the effort and take advantage of the opportunities I present to them. For those that do, I'm just happy to be a part of this important time in their lives.

3. Getting my Etsy shop up and going. I just have a few items right now, but I'm working away at more. I wanted to get the store open in time for Christmas shoppers, but I have a giveaway and a "grand opening" planned for Cyber Monday.

4. Also knitting-related: I found a fellow knitter one evening when I went to a cafe to grade papers. I told her about my group, and she joined and RSVPed to the next meetup right away. Victory!

5. Putting Christmas lights up. Shut up, okay. I don't have a lot of time these days, so I took advantage of a day off last week to put up some lights. And Christmas lights are better than Prozac. See also: Christmas music!

6. No-fuss Thanksgiving. I made a soup with turkey and rice.

7. My sister getting a job she wanted and moving back to our home state of Washington. I'm really happy for her.

8. Living in a small town. I love running into people I know all the time. I used to hate it, but now it's weird if I don't see someone familiar now. 

No comments: