Wednesday, December 18, 2013

8 Good Things

1. Finishing the semester. I made it out alive. Phew. I had a really fun semester, but I'm so ready for a break.

2. Star Trek: Into Darkness. I saw it in the theater (of course), but I had forgotten a lot of it. I got it cheap on Black Friday, and and AND I convinced the husband to watch it. He liked it. He has no idea what I'm going to subject him to now.

3. "Eat, Papa, Eat."

4. The Big Sur wildfire being 74% contained as of this evening along with some cooler temperatures today and a chance of rain tonight. Things were pretty nasty yesterday, and a lot of people are losing their homes out there.

5. Dancing! If you had told me 5 years ago that I would be a fan of dancing, in partners, to Latin music one day, I would not have believed it for a second.

6. Where Good Ideas Come From by Steven Johnson. I'm only a few pages into it, but I love it already.

7. A really great meetup with my knitting group. We had a bunch of new faces, and our usual spot was open again after being inexplicably closed. Our group is still going after nearly two years!

8. Watching grown people get really, really excited over raffles, putting games, and tossing sandbags at a holiday party. Adults need play too! 

No comments: