Tuesday, January 28, 2014

8 Good Things




1. Jarritos mugs. I'm still kind of obsessed with them, but I don't own any yet. I almost bought one at the Indian Market in Denver, but they only had one, and that seemed a little unfair for a household with two adults. Anyway, I stole the photo above from a Facebook post because when I saw it, I immediately loved everything about it.

2. Harvest Grains Blend from Trader Joe's. It's surprisingly filling. Pictured above is the grains mix with sauteed leeks, celery, and pears, topped with some dried cranberries. I believe I added in some rosemary and sage too.

3. My husband's guacamole. I had no idea he could make guacamole, let alone the world's best guacamole. Now I guess I have to stay married to him.

4. Celery with hummus (or guacamole). I've never been much of a celery stick person, but recently I found myself with hummus to finish up and nothing to dip in it except celery. It was magical combination.

5. Vacation! Before our trip, I hadn't left California for 3 years, and I hadn't had complete time off for a long time either. I realized how much I needed to take time off and see different things. My plan for the trip was to sleep, read, and knit, and I'm happy to report that I did all of those things in abundance.

6. My favorite cafe (to work in). It's a strange place--it's adjacent to and shares a lobby with an indie movie theater, so it smells like popcorn in there, but their wifi passwords are amusing.

7. Swimming. I got back into the pool today for the first time in a long time. It felt great (despite people saying that my gym's pool is gross--whatever--I don't think about it).

8. Finishing Star Trek: Voyager on Netflix. That makes it the fourth Star Trek series I've watched in its entirety. And I'm officially a huge nerd. 

No comments: