Friday, March 28, 2014

8 Good Things


1. Taking a walk down near Point Lobos. Point Lobos is a beautiful park off Highway 1, but you have to pay to get in or you have to park outside and walk in, so it's a little inconvenient. A few years ago, a friend showed me these trails, and they're great because you get some of the same view as Point Lobos without the hassle. By the way, this is what March looks like right now. I think you can understand why I've been reluctant to leave!

2. Supta baddha konasana. And shoulder stands! I'm a yoga junkie. 

3. Teaching Zumba Toning. My supervisor and I decided to try this format to offer something a little different. I got licensed years ago but never taught it. It's turning out to be really fun to teach. It's a gentler, less intense class but still really good exercise.

4. Rain. We've finally gotten rain this month. It comes in waves followed by unseasonably warm weather, but we'll take what we can get.

5. A surprise exam at the doctor's office! After having some hassles with my health insurance and finally finding a doctor who'd take my plan, I was disappointed to find that the doctor wouldn't do my annual pelvic/pap without a meet-and-greet appointment first. That's nice and all, but the $60 copay isn't, and I can't stand going to the doctor. But she deemed me healthy and decided to do the exam on the spot. I've never been so excited to be poked and prodded in private places. 

6. The Vegetarian Mother's Cookbook. I checked this out of the library recently. In all fairness, I haven't tried any of the recipes yet, but I will in the coming week. I'm pretty good at predicting what I'll like. In fact, I already had half the ingredients of the recipes I wanted to try first. 


8. A new blog! It's about my experiences with teaching. I just have a couple posts up right now, but I plan to have more very soon. I have some ideas on putting together some workbooks/guides for students and teachers, so stay tuned! 

No comments: