Sunday, March 2, 2014

Taking the Wind Outta My Sails

It's finally and unrelentingly raining now, which is compounding my already downer mood. I've been ignoring my blog lately because I wasn't feeling very inspired. I feel scattered. But here's what's up:

1. Job hunting: Applying to jobs is exhausting. Before I commit to applying somewhere, I check out the housing prices in the area and what people say about living there. I've applied to about 15 full-time teaching positions in the past six weeks, and for now anyway, I don't have anything to show for it except 15 cover letters that all say roughly the same thing. If I'm going to hear anything, I imagine I'll hear something this month or next. I keep wondering what my odds are. I really don't know. I'm likely up against hundreds of applicants for each position.

2. Other job plans: If I don't get any good news this month or next, I need to have a plan for the rest of the year. I wish I didn't have to plan in two different directions. Focus!

3. Knitting: Again, I'm not feeling terribly inspired. I'm restarting a headband I thought I finished last night but ended up being too big. Still wondering what I'm going to do with all the yarn I'm getting from my thrifted sweaters. I have more stuff I need to put up in my Etsy shop. 

4. Yoga: I'm taking six classes every week now (two 50-minute classes MWF). I never thought I'd ever be one of those people who does yoga, but now I am. It's funny how I always imagined "those people" to be. They must really have their shit together. No, we don't. We just take yoga classes. 

5. Half-heartedly working towards Project 333. More on this later. 

I hope to check in again soon. Take care, everyone.

No comments: