Tuesday, April 8, 2014

8 Good Things


1. Spring break! I didn't do anything exciting, but I had lots of time to sleep in and relax. I couldn't ask for more.

2. An interview scheduled! I have mixed feelings about this particular position, but I'm curious about what they have to say, and I needed some good news. Searching and searching with no result is depressing. After I got the phone call, I took myself out to Myo to celebrate (because nothing says "celebrate" like frozen yogurt), and they were having a 1/2 off deal. It was my day.

3. Taking walks. I sometimes walk from my apartment to one of the cafes downtown (about 2 miles) to combine a little fresh air and exercise with grading. I'm thinking of dusting off the pedometer and seeing if I can do 10,000 steps per day. I'm partly just curious to see how much walking I do on days when I teach.


5. A finished object made with my thrifted yarn from Goodwill. I estimate that I made this huge, squishy cowl for about $2.75--$3.00 + all the time I spent unraveling and knitting. Good deal financially but really time consuming. 

6. Speaking of, for the first time, a man came to my knitting group. For some reason, that made me ridiculously happy. And, and! He's kind of a local celebrity.

7. House of Cards on Netflix. I caved in to the hype, but only because it's Kevin Spacey. And he is definitely the Kevin Spaciest I've ever seen him in this series. I've only watched a few episodes, so no spoilers please! 

8. Eggs and rice. Sometimes eggs make me want to barf. I suspect I have a mild allergy, but they're quick and easy, so it's a bummer when I can't stomach them. I saw an image online recently that showed a couple fried eggs atop some brown or white rice with a few slices of avocado, and I thought, "I have to eat this right now." I've eaten this probably four times in the last week. I can't get enough, and so far, I haven't had any barfy feelings. I think the rice somehow balances things out.