Thursday, May 8, 2014

8 Good Things


1. Not looking at job boards. I finally feel like I can do other things!

2. Amanda Palmer's TED Talk, "The Art of Asking." I showed it to my class a little while back when we were talking about the way getting paid for something influences creativity.

3. Continuing to soak up the beautiful scenery. Every time I go for a walk, I feel like I'm saying goodbye in a way. The birds are going crazy right now, so I've taken some shots of them.


5. Showing my class Whose Line Is It Anyway? to discuss the importance of writing style and how to distinguish between different styles. 

6. Getting glasses! I didn't realize what a big difference they'd make. I actually want to read things now. For example, I zoomed right through Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk last weekend. It makes me wonder if my lack of motivation to read has largely been about my eyesight. 

7. Spinach salad with strawberries and dried apricots. I can't imagine eating a salad without fruit in it anymore. Oddly enough, I've managed to misplace my snow peas twice in the past week. 

8. Another waffle-knit cowl on the needles with some pretty cotton yarn. The photo above doesn't do it justice. Also knitting related: Someone finally volunteered to take over the organizer responsibilities for my knitting group since I'll be leaving soon. That's a relief.

No comments: