1. What do you hate not doing? I've always liked the suggestion that instead of trying to force being good at everything, you should go in the direction of the things you already do really well and enjoy, and use that aptitude and interest to create more great stuff in your life.
2. Giving things away! The move is now less than two months away, and I'm excited about the fresh start. I gave away almost my entire CD collection to my students (I still have the music on my computer, just not the discs). I gave away a yoga book and my Gigantor Laptop Bag, and I've started setting aside some other things to give away.
3. And speaking of bags, after a long search, I finally found a purse I'm crazy about. Since I no longer need a huge bag that serves as a mobile office (because MY OWN OFFICE), I wanted a kind of chic bag that I can take with me to classes without looking like I'm headed to the grocery store. But I also want to use it when I'm headed to the grocery store. I wanted handles and a cross-body strap, an outside pocket, and one large open area inside. And I wanted it to go with everything. Picky much? Yep. It's pretty much the best bag ever.
4. Knitting a shawl. I also recently finished a hat in a minty blue color that my husband claimed for himself (it's inside out in the photo above--oops), a monster cozy for my Sony Reader, and a set of fingerless mitts (okay, those aren't finished because I need to seam them--boo).
5. A swimsuit that fits AND covers that area no one wants to shave AND is made in the USA. It's going to be triple-digit weather when we move in August, and I foresee lots of pool visits. I got it on Zulily.
6. Black beans. Pictured above is black beans, sweet potato, and avocado served over spinach. Another favorite lately is black beans and mango salsa served over rice or spinach.
7. Low-sodium V8. Yes, I'm aware that I'm 100 years old.