Saturday, June 28, 2014

'Round Here

You know when there's so much to do and say that you're just paralyzed with what to do next? That's where I am. 

I want to tell you all about the move, how I'm feeling about it, and what's going on with the new job, but I just can't focus on any of it. I thought maybe my reluctance to post (coupled with the fact that I am OVER Facebook, which is how most of my readers get here) was a sign that I needed to retire my blog, but I think that's an overreaction. I don't want to give this up! I'm just stressed and being pulled in too many directions. 

So, I'm taking a little break. I hope to be back in the fall when the dust has settled. Maybe sooner. 

In the meantime, I'll say this: I'm really excited about what's in store for me and for us. I keep telling people that, and I'm sure they don't believe me because I say it without any trace of enthusiasm, but that's just the nerves. I really am excited about having a manageable, predictable schedule. I'm excited about our tiny apartment that will allow us to save money and live in a great location. I'm excited about maybe being able to eat dinner with my husband every night and have an occasional weekend getaway. I'm excited because we'll have affordable healthcare. 

Basically, I'm excited because I believe this move will help us lead a more fulfilling life together. We're going to miss Monterey like crazy, but I think we'll enjoy having a more peaceful day-to-day lifestyle. That's the kind of thing I want to document here on this blog. 

Thanks, as always, for reading. Take care of yourself out there. Be good. 


1 comment:

Laura said...

Kate, I'm glad you are not going to retire your blog. Everybody needs a break sometimes. I'm also happy to hear you are so excited. It all sounds good. Wishing you all the best!

P.S. Your last line reminds me of Garrison Keillor's sign off on The Writer's Almanac podcast. "Be well, do good work, and keep in touch."