Tuesday, September 29, 2015

28 Weeks

Pictured: frizzy hair and larger-every-day baby bump. Not pictured: swollen ankles
The fun: Feeling like I have a little buddy with me now and starting to think of him as a separate person, lots of kicking that the husband can now feel too (if you see me in person, you might see me jump randomly as he's kicking much harder these days)

The new: Thicker hair (on my head this time), gaining a lot of weight all at once, a whole bunch of hand-me-down baby stuff (we're starting to feel materially prepared!), not being able to bend at the waist, being out of breath when I'm talking to my classes, grunting when I get in and out of the car, going to see the midwife every two weeks now (which means HOLY CRAP BABY IS COMING SOON)

The weird: Random parenting thoughts (like wondering at what point in my child's development I have to start wearing real clothes around the house), feeling like I basically have a stranger living inside me

The unpleasant: Continued swollen feet and ankles, waking up to go to the bathroom every night (therefore getting less uninterrupted sleep), itchy skin on my belly (from stretching)

According to the interwebs, baby weighs about the same as an eggplant and is 14 inches long!

4 comments:

Bearette said...

Cocoa butter will help with the itchy skin.

ruthieo said...

You have more stuff coming your way! But it may be addressed to me because I'm sleep deprived (something to look forward to!).

Domestic Kate said...

I'm slathering cocoa butter and coconut oil on daily! It helps. Just not enough.

Domestic Kate said...

More stuff?? I'm sure we can figure out who it's for :)